Sunday, March 9, 2014

Venture Life Cycle


Venture Life Cycle


As shown in fig, the traditional life-cycle stages of an enterprise. These stages include new venture development, startup activities, growth, stabilization, and innovation and decline.



New-venture development


This is first stage, consists of activities associated with the initial formulation of the venture. This initial phase is the foundation of the entrepreneurial process and requires creativity and assessment. In addition to accumulation and expansion of resources, this is a creativity, assessment and networking stage for initial entrepreneurial strategy formulation. The enterprise’s general philosophy, mission, scope and direction are determined during this stage.


Start up activities


This is second stage, encompasses the foundation work needed for creating a formal business plan, searching for capital, carrying out marketing activities and developing an effective entrepreneurial team. These activities typically demand on aggressive entrepreneurial strategy with maximum efforts devoted to launching the venture.


Growth


This stage often requires major changes in entrepreneurial strategy. Competition and other market forces call for the formulation of strategies. This growth stage presents newer and more dominant problems than those the entrepreneur faced during the startup stage. This growth stage is a transition from entrepreneurial one person leadership to managerial team oriented leadership.


Business stabilization


This stage is a result of both market conditions and entrepreneurs efforts. During this stage a number of developments commonly occur, including increased competition, consumer indifference to the entrepreneurs good(s) or service (s), and saturation of the market with a host of “me too” look alike. Sales begin to stabilize and the entrepreneur must begin thinking about where the enterprise will go ever the next three to five years.


Innovation or Decline


The last stage, firms that fail-to innovate will die. Financially successful enterprises often will try to acquire other innovative firms, thereby ensuring their own growth. Also, many firms will work on new product/service development in order to complement current offerings. All of venture’s life cycle stages are important strategic points and each requires a different set of strategies.

4 comments:

  1. Halo,I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Le_Meridian Funding Service on this topic.Le_Meridian Funding Service gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Le_Meridian so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. with God willing they grant me  loan of 500,000.00 USD the loan request that my banks here in Ecuador has turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Here is Le_Meridian Funding Investment Email/WhatsApp Contact if you wish to apply loan from them.Email:lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.comWhatsApp Contact:+1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought that I will be qualify for a loan that Officer Pedro and his loan company granted me which was very smooth and transparent in every conversation that we make through the loan process, I will once again thank him and his loan organization for a job well done by offering me a loan of 22 million Euro with the low rate of 2% annual return they are genuine and loan register company with simple terms and conditions.
    Contact the loan company through pedroloanss@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete